J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. (NASDAQ: JBHT), one of the largest supply chain solutions providers in North America, has published a report for its subsidiary J.B. Hunt Transport Inc. detailing the company’s progress in 2020 toward environmental, social, and corporate governance performance. The 2020 Sustainability Report, a first of its kind for the company, highlights many ESG achievements for the year, including:
- Avoiding an estimated 3.5 million metric tons of CO2e emissions by converting over-the-road loads to intermodal.
- Helping company drivers avoid an estimated 4.3 million empty miles with J.B. Hunt 360°®, a multimodal digital freight marketplace.
- Completing its first delivery using a heavy duty class 8 electric vehicle.
- Adding its fifth employee resource group, PLUS(+), which provides a safe, authentic space for LGBTQIA+ employees and supporters.
- Celebrating the first five-million-mile safe driver in company history.
- Persevering through the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping the country’s freight moving.
- Developing and implementing new technologies that complement J.B. Hunt’s commitment to creating the most efficient transportation network in North America.
“With the expansion of our environmental, social, and governance (ESG) disclosures in this 2020 Sustainability Report, we are taking the next step on our sustainability journey,” added John Roberts, president and CEO of J.B. Hunt, in the report. “We are excited about this progress and are proud to be leaders in sustainable transportation, helping to drive the industry toward a low-carbon future.”
Prepared in accordance with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), and SASB frameworks, the 2020 Sustainability Report details the company’s commitment to employees, customers, shareholders, vendors and suppliers, and the communities it serves. The report, as well as additional information on J.B. Hunt’s sustainability initiatives, is available on the company’s website.
About J.B. Hunt
J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., an S&P 500 company, provides innovative supply chain solutions for a variety of customers throughout North America. Utilizing an integrated, multimodal approach, the company applies technology-driven methods to create the best solution for each customer, adding efficiency, flexibility, and value to their operations. J.B. Hunt services include intermodal, dedicated, refrigerated, truckload, less-than-truckload, flatbed, single source, final mile, and more. J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. stock trades on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol JBHT and is a component of the Dow Jones Transportation Average. J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of JBHT. For more information, visit www.jbhunt.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210716005437/en/
A. Brad Delco
Vice President – Finance & Investor Relations