Market leader becomes first and only security company to bring prevention, detection and response capabilities to IoT and OT endpoints
CrowdStrike (Nasdaq: CRWD) today introduced CrowdStrike Falcon Insight for IoT, the world’s first and only EDR/XDR solution for Extended Internet of Things (XIoT) assets. Delivered from the CrowdStrike Falcon platform, the new offering brings CrowdStrike’s renowned protection, detection and response to IoT, OT, medical devices, Industrial IoT and connected devices across the enterprise. As a result, customers can now secure their organization with the same platform across XIoT, IT endpoints, cloud workloads, identities and data.
According to Gartner®, “by 2025, 70% of asset-intensive organizations will have converged their security functions across both enterprise and operational environments.” With the convergence of IT and OT, there is a need for security teams to secure critical infrastructure systems, however, traditional IT security solutions don’t interoperate with XIoT assets, lack context for effective threat prevention and detection and disrupt operations. By collecting and leveraging asset-specific context to drive tailored XIoT threat prevention policy and high-fidelity detection, CrowdStrike Falcon Insight for IoT enables secure OT digital transformation and mitigates operationally crippling threats without disrupting operations.
Additionally, CrowdStrike Falcon Insight for IoT delivers:
- Powerful XIoT threat detection to reduce risk: Significantly improve business continuity by identifying threats – like ransomware and malicious project file modifications – by leveraging asset-specific context such as device type, OS version, protocols and more.
- Tailored threat prevention without compromising uptime: Stop threats at the source with CrowdStrike’s world-class AI-based threat prevention. Custom policy recommendations for XIoT assets empowers organizations to limit system burden and easily manage sensor updates.
- Rapid, proven response for hard-to-patch assets: Rapidly contain threats with integrated response actions, such as host/process containment and USB device control that minimizes operational disruptions.
- Interoperability with mission-critical XIoT assets: CrowdStrike’s single, lightweight agent is rigorously tested and validated by leading ICS vendors for simplified deployment, interoperability and safety on mission-critical XIoT assets.
- Deep integrations with CrowdStrike Alliance and XIoT partners: Supercharge protection, detection and response with robust integrations from CrowdStrike Alliance partners, such as Claroty, in a unified console.
“With the acceleration of OT digital transformation, organizations are struggling to address security challenges including stopping sophisticated attacks and dealing with operational complexity in securing XIoT assets in Industrial Control Systems (ICS) networks," said Michael Sentonas, president of CrowdStrike. “CrowdStrike is uniquely positioned to solve the most-pressing concerns for organizations with CrowdStrike Falcon Insight for IoT, which extends our industry-leading EDR/XDR capabilities to XIoT assets to stop breaches – leaving no endpoint unprotected.”
CrowdStrike Falcon Insight for IoT is generally available for customers.
- For more information on CrowdStrike Falcon Insight for IoT, please visit the website.
Gartner, Market Guide for Operational Technology Security, Katell Thielemann, Wam Voster, Barika Pace, Ruggero Contu, August 4, 2022. GARTNER is the registered trademark and service mark of Gartner Inc., and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and/or internationally and has been used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
CrowdStrike (Nasdaq: CRWD), a global cybersecurity leader, has redefined modern security with one of the world’s most advanced cloud-native platforms for protecting critical areas of enterprise risk – endpoints and cloud workloads, identity and data.
Powered by the CrowdStrike Security Cloud and world-class AI, the CrowdStrike Falcon® platform leverages real-time indicators of attack, threat intelligence, evolving adversary tradecraft and enriched telemetry from across the enterprise to deliver hyper-accurate detections, automated protection and remediation, elite threat hunting and prioritized observability of vulnerabilities.
Purpose-built in the cloud with a single lightweight-agent architecture, the Falcon platform delivers rapid and scalable deployment, superior protection and performance, reduced complexity and immediate time-to-value.
CrowdStrike: We stop breaches.
Learn more: https://www.crowdstrike.com/
Start a free trial today: https://www.crowdstrike.com/free-trial-guide/
© 2023 CrowdStrike, Inc. All rights reserved. CrowdStrike, the falcon logo, CrowdStrike Falcon and CrowdStrike Threat Graph are marks owned by CrowdStrike, Inc. and registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and in other countries. CrowdStrike owns other trademarks and service marks, and may use the brands of third parties to identify their products and services.
CrowdStrike Corporate Communications