Boyd Gaming Corporation (NYSE: BYD) today announced that the Company has issued its 2022 Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) report.
Keith Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer of Boyd Gaming, said: “Since the day our Company was founded, Boyd Gaming has been committed to operating with the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct. This 48-year-long commitment is the foundation of Caring the Boyd Way, our Company’s ESG philosophy. As outlined in this year’s report, the entire Boyd team made excellent progress advancing our strategic ESG initiatives in 2022, as we continued to positively impact our stakeholders and the communities we call home.”
Available online at www.caringtheboydway.com, the report outlines the Company’s key initiatives under its four ESG pillars: Environment, People, Communities and Corporate Governance. Key achievements highlighted in this year’s report include:
- Further reductions in the Company’s energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions and water consumption. In 2022, Boyd’s annual energy consumption was more than 31% below the baseline year of 2017, while greenhouse gas emissions were nearly 35% lower and water consumption was reduced by over 30%.
- The Company diverted an additional 4.5 million pounds of waste materials from landfill year-over-year through waste reduction, reuse and recycling efforts, achieving a total diversion rate of 53.6% in 2022.
- Increased diversity in Boyd’s workforce, with minority groups representing 63% of Boyd’s new hires in 2022, and females nearly 55%.
- Development and implementation of a formal Companywide Human Rights Policy.
- Continued support of Boyd’s communities through approximately $45 million in contributions to non-profit organizations from 2020 through 2022.
About Boyd Gaming
Founded in 1975, Boyd Gaming Corporation (NYSE: BYD) is a leading geographically diversified operator of 28 gaming entertainment properties in 10 states, manager of a tribal casino in northern California, and owner and operator of Boyd Interactive, a B2B and B2C online casino gaming business. The Company is also a strategic partner and 5% equity owner of FanDuel Group, the nation's leading sports-betting operator. With one of the most experienced leadership teams in the casino industry, Boyd Gaming prides itself on offering guests an outstanding entertainment experience and memorable customer service. Through a long-standing company philosophy called Caring the Boyd Way, Boyd Gaming is committed to advancing Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) initiatives that positively impact the Company's stakeholders and communities. For additional Company information and press releases, visit https://investors.boydgaming.com.