The robot gently closed a claw “hand” around the phone, lifted it above eye level, and took a selfie as its digital eyes briefly changed into hearts. This is Aeo, the newest robot from Aeolus Robotics, which was just on display at CES 2023, the biggest consumer technology show in the world.
Aeolus’ goal is to create robots that will enhance quality of life and advance the positive impact robots already have on society.
With features like the capacity to deliver food and medication to elderly people, the Aeo was created to be a helper. With its nimble mechanical robotic arms, it can lift an 8-pound cooler with ease and hold a phone without dropping or breaking it.
Aeo uses numerous cameras and IR sensors on its base for its autonomous navigation. It can navigate a room, open doors and ride elevators with its nimble right arm, all while using its left UV light to clean surfaces (an important tool for places like schools and hospitals). It can be used for security, food delivery, and patrolling. If needed, the robot can be manually operated remotely, although the company claims that few situations require that level of control.
The Aeo robot, which is meant to take some of the work off of real people and enhance the quality of life for those in care, has been lending a hand at eldercare homes in Japan since its debut at CES 2018. This service could be essential to Japan, which has by far the highest senior population ratio in the world, with 29.1% of the population over 65 years old.
Of course, it isn’t just old folks’ homes that are in need of a helping hand. The global labor shortage is leaving several industries short on staff.
Security Robots Market Could Quadruple by 2030
Because of the severe labor scarcity in the security sector, relying on machines and robots is becoming more attractive. As a result, the market for security robots is expected to increase by almost 400% by 2030.
Around the world, security robots are being used in parking lots, malls, campuses, or schools and rising global demand for security robots and rising adoption of advanced automation techniques is expected in the market.
Among the companies involved in the space is Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP), a leading Silicon Valley developer of Autonomous Security Robots (ASRs) that deter, detect, and report using revolutionary technology that has been shown to help fight crime.
Since its founding in 2013, Knightscope has developed its own proprietary tech and put it to use in the field for more than 1.8 million hours. To do this, the company drew on four cutting-edge technologies: autonomous self-driving capabilities, robotics, artificial intelligence, and electric vehicles. The company went public on the NASDAQ in January 2022 after raising over $120 million in funding and drawing more than 35,000 investors.
Knightscope has continued to broaden its customer base with a string of new contracts. Some of Knightscope’s new clients are a global company that makes and sells medical and laboratory supplies, two hotels, a sports complex in New York, a multi-family housing complex in Pennsylvania, and the University of New Jersey, which has a 41-machine contract with Knightscope.
The public safety innovator is kicking off the New Year with four new contracts for a total of eight new machines, including three K5 Autonomous Security Robots (ASRs) and five K1 Blue Light Towers.
Knightscope’s new clients include one of the largest security companies in the United States, an American entertainment company that runs entertainment, sports content, and casino gaming businesses all under one roof, a real estate developer in Chicago, Kansas City, and St. Louis, and a teaching hospital in New York that has been open for almost 100 years.
Knightscope’s roster of clientele now includes the government, public institutions and commercial businesses including Fortune 1000 companies, entertainment venues, hospitals, school campuses, storage facilities, logistics, manufacturing plants and more.
For more information on Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP) and the projects it is working on, visit this link or the company’s official website.
SOURCE Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP)
Featured Image @ Pexels
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Knightscope, Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Knightscope, Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) ninety six thousand USD for 7 days (9 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Knightscope, Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Knightscope, Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Knightscope, Inc. intends to offer; (e) Knightscope, Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Knightscope, Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Knightscope, Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Knightscope, Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Knightscope, Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Knightscope, Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Knightscope, Inc.’s business operations (e) Knightscope, Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Knightscope, Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed
Follow PressReach on Twitter
Follow PressReach on TikTok
Follow PressReach on Instagram
Subscribe to us on Youtube